We recently set up an international exchange program with the aim of exchanging knowledge, ideas and best practice between our European offices. Olga Trudova, Key Account Manager for the retail sector in Germany was the first person to take part in the programme and spent three months in the London office. We find out more about her experience…
How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Open-minded, reliable and caring
What were you hoping to achieve from doing the affilinet exchange program?
Apart from sharing knowledge and insight with my UK colleagues I wanted to improve my level of English. I certainly learnt a lot and hope to continue improving my English skills now I’m back in Germany.
What was the most important learning you took from your UK colleagues?
I had meetings with all the different teams in the UK and found it really useful to learn about the UK market from different perspectives.
The sales team spend a lot of time putting together very detailed proposals for potential advertisers – and the advertiser and publisher teams get involved to offer their strategic insight too. Also when we talk about campaigns in Germany we mean something very different to the UK, which is focussed heavily on lead generation through email and social media.
Apart from that I learnt how to make tea with milk and be very polite 🙂
You have now seen more of the British Isles than the whole of the UK team put together. What was your most memorable day trip?
I spent a lot of time out and about discovering England’s magical countryside. My favourite trips were to the Jurassic Coast and the Cotswolds. In my opinion the most beautiful city was Bath. I was surprised at how eclectic England ist. It captured my heart and I will definitely be coming back to England to relive the British lifestyle.
What’s the most useful English saying you learnt?
Would you like a cup of tea? 🙂
You are a key account manager specific to the retail sector responsible for programs for the likes of Tchibo, Zalando, ToysRU and C&A. What are your top tips for advertisers in that sector to create a successful program?
My tips for a successful program are:
1. Use vouchers strategically
2. Be flexible with your commission rates
3. Ensure you have well-structured data feeds
You use post view tracking technology for big retailers in Germany, what are the main benefits for advertisers?
There are clear benefits of using post view tracking:
– Broaden reach
– Increase in brand awareness whilst paying on a performance-basis (CPA)
– Payment and tracking is managed within the affilinet platform as part of your affiliate program
– Access to a new pool of publishers
– Growing attractiveness of program due to increased reach of the brand
– More revenue 🙂
Latest posts by Sophie Parry-Billings (see all)
- affilinet launches Firefox toolbar for publishers – 16 June 2017
- Two Thirds Of Britons Looking To Tighten Their Budget As Summer Begins – 13 June 2017
- Nominate affilinet as your Industry Choice of Network – 19 May 2017