Vishal recently joined the growing affilinet team as a Senior Account Manager for the Sky team program. I decided to sit down and ask him a few questions about his new role and what attracted him to the affiliate industry. Find out more below…
- You recently joined affilinet, what do you think so far?
It’s been easy to come here and fit in. There is a strong sense of everyone pitching in and helping each other no matter what the situation.
It was also great to have the Poker Night on my second day here.
- Tell me about your previous experience?
Spent the last 12 years within the Digital Marketing team at Carphone Warehouse – where I managed the affiliate channel for 6 years, as well as working across the other digital channels including PPC and Display.
My latest role before leaving, allowed me to put together strategies and launching new products (including iPhone 7 and Samsung S8) across all digital channels and aligning plans with the wider business and other marketing channels.
- Tell me a bit about your new job role as an Senior Account Manager?
I manage the Sky account – across their TV, Broadband and Mobile propositions. I liaise with the team at Sky daily, to help grow the program and reach business goals. I’m in constant contact with current and new publishers, always looking for new opportunities of growth and ways to improve efficiency. The role also involves a lot of reporting and budget management – both are key in any business/role.
- What attracted you to the affiliate industry?
I was forced into an affiliate role in a previous job due to team changes. However, I have no regrets here – there’s never a boring day! Things are always changing and new opportunities open.
I’ve also learnt to be more savvy by using certain affiliate sites when shopping online too!
- Do you have any tips for anyone who would like to start out in this industry?
- Be very open minded from day one.
- Research and purchase behaviours are changing all the time and its key to understand this trend and get ahead of the game.
- Don’t be afraid to try out new things.
- What websites do you like to browse on your lunch break?
I try to get away from my desk during lunch, but I do have a quick sneak-peak at Sky Sports and Amazon.
A random ‘Favourite’ is Screw Fix.
- Finally, what was the last purchase you made online?
Cordless phones for the house – yes, they do still get used in this day and age!
Latest posts by Serena Masih (see all)
- Getting to know, Elizabeth Mugerwa, Account Executive, affilinet - 9 November 2017
- Publisher Focus: Mark Andres, Head of Partnerships, Giftcloud - 5 October 2017
- Affiliatetheme.io - 13 September 2017