In this our latest ‘Publisher focus’ series, I decided to sit down with Michael Phillips, CEO at Decision Tech to find out about Decision Tech and their unique offering in the market. Find out more below…
- What does your role involve at Decision Tech? What is your favourite part of your current role?
As CEO for Decision Tech, I spend my time working on building a strong sense of community and unity of purpose for our team. Without a strong culture, strategy is nothing.
I work with the leadership team to plan our strategy, which is focused on diversifying and growing the Decision Tech group. We completed two business acquisitions in 2016 to accelerate these plans.
I love business development, whether it’s with our partnership network or meeting potential acquisitions. You get to meet some great people and companies along the way.
- What does the Decision Tech site involve? What inspired the site?
Our inspiration is to build quality products and solutions for customers and clients.
We focus on the communications, mobile and technology verticals and offer comparison content for mobile handsets and SIMs. Crucially, our technology is flexible and enables partners to cheaply deploy new products with minimal cost.
We recently completed acquisitions of Sellmymobile.com and comparemymobile.com. These sites help customers find the best prices for trading in their mobile phone. We have exciting marketing plans for these businesses.
- Tell us a bit about Decision Tech and its unique offering in the market?
Decision Tech is a technology and performance marketing group. Our software enables customers to compare and choose deals, saving them time and money. Our products offer superior comparison experiences in terms of speed, usability and access to exclusive offers.
Our software also platform enables us to create unique customer experiences for partners like Gocompare.com and Confused.com. Our account management, marketing expertise, native CRM solutions and analytics give us a unique proposition in supplying products to our partners.
For our merchants, we will distribute their brand to over 50 partners, including major brands.
- So we hear that you have partnered with Gocompare to launch a mobile comparison service, could you give more information about this service and what customers can expect?
Working with Gocompare.com we will be powering their mobile SIM comparison services We already provide their technology, data and performance analytics for Gocompare.com’s broadband comparison service. They see a significant market opportunity in mobile, with approximately 40% of mobile consumers switching their network every year.
- Do you have any tips for advertisers on how they can optimise their promotional activities on Decision Tech?
Our account management teams are focused on maximizing conversion rates. We want the best possible consumer deals, ideally exclusive to Decision Tech and their partners. We also want advertisers to work with us in customising landing page and user journeys to cut leakage and increase monetisation.
- Finally, could you give us your main objectives for 2017?
We have three goals for 2017:
- We want to keep building our talented team and reinforcing our culture
- To complete a further two business acquisitions, increasing revenue growth and diversification
- Increase conversion rates for our white label clients and advertisers via product innovation.
Latest posts by Serena Masih (see all)
- Employee of the quarter…Q2 2017 - 21 July 2017
- Publisher Focus: Michael Apostol, Sales Manager at Digidip - 12 July 2017
- Program offers- July - 11 July 2017