Instagram now has 700 million monthly users who share pictures, videos and even promotional ads. Instagram revealed that within 4 months, December 2016 to April 2017, they added 100 million additional users to their app making it their fastest increase in a short period of time. This growth rate doesn’t seem like it is going to slow down either. As Instagram plan to add more creative tools within the app and as well as giving brands more opportunities to build the right marketing strategy.
According to eMarketer Instagram is expected to bring in more than £1.46 billion on ad revenue worldwide and is estimated to go over £5.36.8 billion by 2018. This is due to the rapid rise in the ad business.
As Instagram continues to grow in popularity, this is a great opportunity for advertisers to show case their brand, gain visibility and develop dialogue with their customers.
Instagram has opened its ad platform to businesses from all sizes and has expanded the availability of advertising to more than 200 countries worldwide. So how can brands ensure they are at the forefront of this? Here are my top 10 tips on how brands can use Instagram to grow their platform:
- Company Page– Your page should only represent the company. Firstly, use the Instagram name that is or relates to your business.
- Posts– Create popular posts that people would want to follow. On Instagram, you should post once a day, every day. Don’t spam your followers.
- Images– Only use images that represent the business and are recognisable to your brand. Create unique lifestyle photos that capture your brands culture. Promote your products with creative and professional pictures and use the Instagram edit tool to make the pictures stand out.
- Captions– Use effective and engaging captions, but don’t make it too long. Highlight what is in the image but never repeat what is shown.
- Links– Include your website link to your bio right under your name to boost traffic to your site.
- Offers and Promotions– Pump up your feed with special offers and promotions. Studies have found that 41% of Instagrammers are more likely to follow brands who take advantage of their giveaways and incentives. Use stylish images that state the promotion.
- Events– Promote your events on Instagram, using geo-tags to share the location and invite followers who are near the area.
- Hashtags- Use hashtags that are relevant to your brand on your feeds to grow your followers and to show your brand to potential new buyers. Do not use more than 5 hashtags as this can look quite salesy.
- Instagram Ambassadors– Create a team of ambassadors who spread the benefits of your brand to all their followers. Encourage your Instagram followers to post photos and reviews, and you’ll reach many more users.
- Measure you Instagram success– Find a tool like Sprout social that will help show you the crucial data to consider when measuring your Instagram success. Once you have analysed your successes, research your audience, and repeat the content that’s working.
eMarketer, ‘Instagram advertising 2017’, November 2016
Business Insider, ‘Instagram’s user base has doubled in the last 2 years to 700 million‘, 26th April 2017
Latest posts by Serena Masih (see all)
- Employee of the quarter…Q2 2017 - 21 July 2017
- Publisher Focus: Michael Apostol, Sales Manager at Digidip - 12 July 2017
- Program offers- July - 11 July 2017